This simple-to-prepare paratha dish will complement any mughlai chicken dish very nicely.
1 lb flour (maida)
1 c water
1 t baking powder
- Mix the flour with baking powder and add a pinch of salt.
- Add water a little bit at a time, just until the flour can be made into a thick dough. Then, roll the dough into balls about an inch in diameter.
- Add a drop of oil, then flatten them with the heel of your palm and fold into a half-circle.
- Brush the flattened dough with well-beaten egg.
- Get out your tava and heat it to medium-high.
- Pour on some canola oil, just enough to coat the bottom.
- fry the dough half-circles, flipping when brown.
Maida is a type of refined flour.
Tava is an iron griddle popular in India.