A delicious soup that will make you feel warm.
1 T butter
1 T flour (all purpose)
1 1⁄4 c broth (chicken broth or chicken stock)
1 1⁄4 c milk (whole milk)
8 oz mushroom (finely chopped)
1 T parsley (chopped)
1 T lemon
2 T cream (light cream)
seasoning (salt and ground pepper to taste)
- Place butter, flour, chicken broth, milk, chopped musrooms and parsley into a large saucepan.
- Heat over a moderate heat and bring to the boil, whisking continuously.
- Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat.
- Mix in the lemon juice and cream.
- Serve at once.