Apart from tasty, it is easy to cook only for one or two people.
1 lb mussels (clean an de-bearded)
1 T butter
2 clv garlic (crushed)
1 T ginger (fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped)
3 shallot (peeled, finaly chopped)
2 T garam masala (or to taste)
1 c broth (fish stock)
1 c cream (light cream)
seasoning (salt and ground pepper)
coriander (fresh leaves, for garnishing)
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan on a medium-low heat, and fry the chopped shallots, ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle over the garam masala and go on cooking until shallots soften.
- Add the fish stock and light crem, bring to a simmer and then add the mussels.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes. Discard mussels that did not open.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
If you don't have it, substitute home made garam masala with 1-2 tablespoon of medium curry powder.