These are omelets fit for a summer party. Applying a little imagination to the fillings, it is possible to take advantage of almost any kind of leftovers.
- Saute 1/3 ham and mushrooms in oil until cooked. Drain.
- Saute the peas with the other 1/3 of the ham.
- Cook the onions in oil with the remaining 1/3 of the ham.
- Sift flour together with baking powder with a pinch of salt.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sifted flour and mix well. Divide into three bowls and add to each bowl one of the fillings prepared before.
- In a medium sized pan, cook three omelets Spanish style.
- Stack the omelets, spreading some Marie Rose sauce in between. Top with some more sauce.
Substitute 1-2 slices Serrano ham with the local ham or 3-4 slices Canadian bacon. Add the bacon strips to the pan first when preparing the filling and adjust cooking time.
Follow the indications on Spanish omelets about how to flip over the omelet.
For a quick Marie Rose sauce, combine 1 cup mayonnaise from a jar, 3 Tbs ketchup, 1 Tbs brandy and 1 Tbs orange juice.
Adapt this recipe for the winter months by substituting Marie Rose sauce with a spicy tomato sauce.