Did you know that adding peas lowers the GI of a dish?
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Cook leeks with thyme and garlic on low heat. Cook until soft but not yet brown.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add peas and lettuce and continue cooking until the peas are tender.
- Stir in the mint and add black pepper to your liking.
- Serve with croutons for added flavor.
Be careful not to overcook the peas or they'll end up mushy.
For a vegetarian soup substitute 1/2 oz butter with 1 Tbs olive oil and chicken stock with the same amount of vegetable stock.