Cobblers are a wonderful dessert and they are simple to prepare. The only problem you may have is deciding on what kind of topping to use. The cookie top is a favorite with adults and it can be prepared while the filling cooks.
- Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place oven rack to the middle position and pre-heat oven to 400° F. Pour fruit mix into a 9 inch deep pie pan, cover with foil. Place pie pan on a cookie sheet and bake until the fruit releases juices, about 15 minutes.
Butter cookie dough topping
- Prepare the filling as instructed, while fruit is cooking, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together, small bowl and set aside
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and light, about 3 minutes by hand. Add egg yolk and vanilla beat until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
- When the 15 minutes are up, remove pan from oven, uncover, and stir the peaches -or any other fruit chosen as filling- drop cookie dough topping by the spoonful evenly over the peaches.
- Place back into the oven, bake about 40 minutes or until the top is a light brown and the fruit is bubbling. Cool for ate least 10 minutes before serving.
If the fruit is very ripe and sweet, use only 1/3 cup sugar.
If you want to double the recipe, use the whole egg instead of two egg yolks.