This dish is very quick and easy to make, yet makes and impressive substantial meal. Try adding a few sliced mushrooms and a little chili for a change too.
- Cook the pasta spirals according to package instructions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the garlic and sauté on low for approximately 2 minutes, stirring often and being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the lemon juice and the spinach leaves. Sauté for another 2 minutes until the spinach leaves just wilt.
- Set aside. Keep warm.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained place in a large bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toss together with the spinach and garlic mixture and top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with a few pine nuts if desired.
Substitute pasta spirals with your favorite shape. This recipe works with elbow or tube pasta.
Substitute spinach with other greens and add vegetables other than mushrooms.