A hearty dish, full of flavour that arrives from Germany.
2 onion (peeled and diced)
1 1⁄2 oz bacon (diced)
2 T mustard (grainy)
10 oz onion (pearl onions or baby onions, peeled)
2 T olive oil
2 T pureed tomato
1 t pepper (peppercorns)
2 T flour
- Pan fry the bacon in olive oil, then adding the onion until translucent.
- Add the pickles along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave the mixture to cool.
- Wash and dry the beef, seasoning it with sal, pepper and the mustard.
- Spread the set aside mixture onto each beef slice, then roll up and hold them together with a toothpick or string.
- In a hot skillet brown the meat all over then add the baby onions until golden brown.
- Add the puree and peppercorns, sprinkle the meat with flour and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat brothe cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, turning the meat every 15 minutes.
2 hours, 15 minutes