This is a very warming winter soup. It’s very substantial and will keep you going through those cold winter months!
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the olive oil in a non-stick baking tray and add all the vegetables, including the herbs: bay leaf, thyme and rosemary. Toss well until vegetables are coated in oil.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer and roast in the hot oven for approximately 50 to 60 minutes, or until tender. Turn vegetables occasionally during roasting.
- Remove from oven and discard herbs. Place the remaining vegetables in a large saucepan and pour the stock over the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Remove soup from heat and let cool down slightly.
- Transfer to food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pan and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with a swirl of sour cream or plain yogurt.
Don't serve this soup with yogurt or cream to a vegan or strict vegetarian. Omit yogurt, or consider soy alternatives.