This recipe is a way to introduce more fish and seafood in the diet. The flavor of shrimp mixed with raisins is actually nice even if it is not your ordinary pairing.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the carrots and shrimp. Cook gently for approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook couscous according to package instructions but instead of using water as indicated replace the same amount of water with vegetable stock.
- Once the couscous is ready, fluff with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Add the carrots, oil and shrimp to couscous and toss together.
- Add the raisins, honey, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
A perfect sample of fusion cooking with Mediterranean couscous and Asian flavors. If you wish, subtitute couscous with Asian noodles.
Gluten free sugestion: Try this recipe substituting couscous with rice noodles, or white rice, and a wheat-free soy sauce for a gluten free dish.