If you like carrot cake and you wish to experiment with new flavors, this zucchini and ginger cake is the way to go.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix together the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Slowly add the melted butter, vanilla and ginger syrup. Then mix in zucchini and fresh ginger. Mix together well.
- In a separate large bowl sift the baking powder, flour and salt. Add the cinnamon and mix. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin and pour in the cake mixture. Sprinkle some brown sugar over the surface. Bake for approximately 45 to 60 minutes or until baked through. You can test this by inserting a butter knife or skewer into the center. If it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Leave to cool for approximately 15 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If you cannot find ginger stem syrup, add an additional 1/2 inch piece of grated ginger in place of the syrup.