Prepare the meat in the morning and chill to firm for a nice evening supper. Very easy to do with the pressure cooker.
1 1⁄2 lb beef (ground meat)
1 t salt
pepper (ground black pepper)
2 sli bread (soaked in water or milk and squeezed dry)
2 T parsley
1 onion (medium size, finely chopped)
1 clv garlic
2 T broth (chicken broth or stock)
2 T cooking oil
1 c tomato sauce
1 c water
- In a bowl, combine the meat, salt, pepper, bread, parsley, onion, garlic, egg, chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into two small loaves. Wrap each in wax paper and chill several hours to firm.
- When ready to commence cooking, heat the oil in the pressure cooker and brown the loaves well on all sides.
- Transfer to the cooker basket. Discard the oil and combine the tomato sauce and water and season with salt and pepper and spread over the loaves.
- Lower the basket into the pressure cooker, lock lid and bring to pressure.
- Lower heat and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure (15psi) and allow pressure to drop by quick release method or automatic release method, slice and serve.