Take good old fashioned deviled eggs to the next level. This is the perfect recipe for a pot luck or just another dinner at home.
1⁄2 t mustard
bacon (cooked bacon bits)
1 onion (small Vidalia onion, finely chopped)
pepper (freshly ground black pepper)
salt (seasoned salt)
- Put the eggs into a pot. Cover the eggs with cold water. Bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and let stand for 6 minutes.
- With a large spoon, remove eggs from the hot water and place them into a bowl, or platter. Let the eggs cool.
- When eggs are cooled, crack one side and roll egg back and forth to break up the shell. Peel and wash eggs.
- Cut them in half. Carefully remove the yolk of each egg with a spoon, and put them into a bowl, trying to keep the egg white intact.
- Add all other ingredients to the yolks and mix together until smooth and creamy. I find that a fork works best to smash the yolks. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Spoon mix back into the egg whites. They will be mounded over.
- Lightly sprinkle seasoned salt over the top and refrigerate until ready to serve.