Pizza dough is really simple to make, and traditional pizza dough makes a difference to the quality of the finished pizza.
- Microwave the water for 1 minute and set aside.
- Pour the flower into a medium-sized bowl - you want to have a good sized mound - and mix with sugar and salt.
- Then make a small valley in the center. Into the valley, pour the yeast.
- Then pour on the water slowly and top with olive oil. Let it rest a minute, and then mix thoroughly.
- Knead and roll flat on a large board.
Use traditional pizza dough with all sorts of toppings and fillings. This dough is also the base for a pizza calzone.