Try this for fresh fast food with Italian flavor. Angel hair pasta cooks very quick so it is ideal to use when you are in a rush but not compelled to re-heat a ready made dinner. Prepare the sauce while the pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water as instructed in the package.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add garlic and cook for one minute or so. Do not let the garlic to over-brown or it will turn bitter.
- Add tomatoes and basil to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add hot pasta to skillet. Toss.
- Mix cornstarch with a little cold water and add to the broth. Stir to mix. Pour the liquid into the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately.
The thickened sauce clings better to the pasta. Leave cornstarch out if you like it light.