The wild forest taste of venison steaks goes well with the mixture of tart and sweet in blueberries.
2 T brown sugar
2 T vinegar (malt)
1 T olive oil
1 1⁄2 t corn starch
1 T water
1 1⁄2 c blueberries (frozen)
1⁄2 c wine (white wine)
4 pce venison (hind leg steaks)
salt (to taste)
pepper (freshly ground black pepper, to taste)
- Combine the brown sugar and the malt vinegar in a medium sized sauce pan. Stir over a low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Add blueberries and white wine. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Just before time is up, season steaks with black pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy frypan. Cook steaks over high heat for 1 to 3.5 minutes on each side until meat is browned and cooked medium rare.
- As steaks cook, add cornstarch paste to sauce, stirring until boiling.
- season to taste.
- Pour sauce over steaks to serve